This entry was transfered from my old BLOG which I updated on 19th of January 2010!
After two weeks of hectic schedules and straight night duty, I don’t even get to my kitchen to cook something exotic. But yesterday, I really made it. It was a stew with my home made pesto in coconut cream . That was one great dinner. Strange as the combination may seem, everything just blended together wonderfully. Everybody would have nothing to complain about. I think this is the real satisfaction of taste.
Try it. You’ll never believe how good it tastes, and smells, until you do. 🙂
* 500 g Porkloin, thinly sliced
* 250 g Button mushrooms, washed and halve
* 3 pcs. Large Tomatoes, diced
* 1 pc. Oion, roughly sliced
* 3 cloves garlic
* 3 tbsps. coconut cream
* 3 tbps. my hommade Pesto (see entry of my HOMEMADE PESTO)
* 3 tb sps. olive oil or vegetables oil
* salt and pepper
* some chopped Parsley for garnishing
—Heat some vegetable oil in a casserole or shallow cooking pan. Saute the onion, garlic, and tomatoes just until the tomatoes starts to render color. Add the pork meat and cook, stirring until meat is not pink anymore.
— Pour in the coconut cream and add the pesto. Stir to blend well. Lower the heat and simmer, uncovered, for a few minutes or until almost dry. Taste and season with salt and pepper.