Our lunch- SPAGHETTI WITH MANGO CHUNKS last Sunday!
Served with my homemade “PUZTA SALAD”.
I love mango chunks, they are grown all year round. More expensive during non-summer months though–the price doubles. And they are still sweetest during the summer. The mango that went into my spaghetti was sweet. I got it from Hofer for only 99 cents per piece. So I decided to add it into my spaghetti plus tomatoes and onion with tomatoe paste and that was the sauce. Want to try it here is my recipe!
* 250g Spaghetti
* 2 pcs, Mango (ripe)
* 1 medium-sized Onion
* 1 pc. Bell pepper (red, green or yellow), I used red one!
* 6 cloves Garlic, peeled and crushed
* 8 pcs. medium-sized Tomatoes
* 1 tbsp. Italian Herbs
* 2 tbsp. Tomatoe paste
* 2 tbls. Olive Oil
* Cook spaghetti according to package instructions or al dente.
* Heat a non stick pan and add olive oil.
* Saute onion, garlic, bell pepper and tomatoes. Then add tomatoe paste, mango chunks, italian herbs, salt and pepper. Saute for about 8 minutes. Add a little bit water from which you used for boiling spaghetti.
* If the sauce is done mix it with spaghetti and that’s it, Guten appetit:)
I served it with my homemade “Puzta Salad”!