OSSO BUCO is an Italian dish which I heavily adapted, since I’m living here in Europe. We love our rice here for the sauce slathering on it. This is a very hearty, comforting, meat stew. This is a little bit different from the original italian one as what I said it is my VERSION!
Now if you want to try here’s the recipe:
* 4 pcs. sliced Veal shank
* 2 to 4 pcs, small Carrots, chopped
* some Celery, wash and chopped
* Lemon and Orange skin or zest can be grated too
* 1 pc. Orange for Orange juice
* 1 and 1/2 cup of White Wine, dry
* some flour
* 1 big Onion, peeled and chopped
* 2 pcs. Bay Leaf (Laurel)
* 1 tsps. dried Thyme
* 1 Whole minced Garlic
* 2 cans Whole Peeled Tomatoes
* some Olive Oil
* Salt and Pepper
—First season veal shank with salt and pepper. Then dredge in flour.
—Heat a big pan, add some olive oil and brown the meat on both sides then remove meat and set aside.
—In the same pan saute onion, garlic, celery and carrots. Add tomatoes, thyme, lemon and orange peel or zest and bay leaf. Return meat. Pour white wine and orange juice. Cover and bring to a boil then reduce heat. Simmer until meat is tender and it reduces the liquid. Adjust seasoning if necessary.