I just want to share to all, my own VERSION of making SUSHI🙂
This article is about Japanese cuisine.
In Japanese cuisine, sushi is vinegar rice, usually topped with other ingredients, such as fish. Sliced raw fish alone is called sashimi, as distinct from sushi. Combined with hand-formed clumps of rice, it is called nigirizushi. Sushi served rolled inside or around nori (dried and pressed layer sheets of seaweed or algae) is makizushi. Toppings stuffed into a small pouch of fried tofu is inarizushi. Toppings served scattered over a bowl of sushi rice is called chirashi-zushi.
* 4 to 5 cups of cooked Japanese rice (cooled to room tenperature)
* 1 ripe Mango cut into strips
* few stalks of Cilantro or Coriander
* 2 tbsps. Vinegar
* about 6 Nori Sheets
* 1 kg Shrimps
* 1 Cucumber
* 250 g smoked Salmon, cut into strips
* wasabi powder
* some pickled sushi ginger
* light soy sauce for sushi
* maybe you need also bamboo mat for rolling!
* Season 4 to 5 cups of cooked and cooled Japanese rice with 2 tbsps. of rice vinegar stir to blend well.
Mango cut into strips, smoked salmon as well. Chopped the cilantro or coriander. Cooked the shrimps and peeled, peeled and cut the cucumber lengthwise. Mix the wasabi powder with a little ammount of cold water to make it paste.
* Lay a sheet of nori on a plate (or on a bamboo mat if you have one) and spread the seasoned rice over it. Towards one edge, lay the filling you want, smoked salmon and mango strips, with cilantro or without, cucumber, shrimps or pickled ginger. Roll the nori, jelly roll style, as firmly and as tightly as you can.
* Cut each “log” into 3/4 inch slices with a wet knife. Serve with light (Japanese) soy sauce and wasabi paste.