Thanksgiving also Thanksgiving, harvest festival is a traditional celebration after the harvest in the autumn, in which God is thanked for the gifts of the harvest. Usually celebrated here in europe.
In North America, Canada and the US each have their own Thanksgiving celebrations in October and November.
Today November 22, 2012 is the celebration in America, the fourth Thursday of November. The Thanksgiving celebrated in the United States and Canada English for “Thanksgiving” is a form of Thanksgiving, but strongly deviates from the Festival after European traditions.
Our dinner tonight “ROASTED TURKEY BREAST IN TURBO BROILER WITH RED CABBAGE”, it has nothing to do with “Thanks Giving” in America…hehehe…simply because my hubby and the kids wants to have it for dinner tonight:-)
To the traditional Thanksgiving dinner, there are dishes that should have played it at the first Thanksgiving Feast: a roasted and stuffed Turkey or Roasted Turkey with a wide selection of side dishes and desserts like cranberry sauce, yams and sweet potatoes, Apple and pumpkin pie or Apple Pie and pumpkin pie, as well as various vegetables such as squash, green peas and corn.
Ours is the european way, if you are interested here is the recipe for you. Covers for 4 persons. Cooked in my Turbo Broiler.
* ca. 1,000g Turkey rolled roast (Turkey breast) or 1 kilo (I got 1,349kg)
* 750g Potatoe Wedges
* 200g Red Cabbage or half a head of small sized
* 2 tbsp. extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 1 small Onion
* 1/3 cup of Apple Vinegar
* 2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
* some sliced Oranges
* Cranberry Marmalade
* Salt and Pepper
* Bread Stuffing
NOTE: FOR BREAD STUFFING RECIPE PLEASE CHECK OUT THE NEXT ENTRY !
* Wash the meat, Pat them dry, season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Point out the filling. Roll up and tack with string. About one hour roast in turbo broiler.
* . Rinse the cabbage under cold, running water. Cut half of the cabbage into thin slices. Heat a skillet on the stove over medium high heat. Add 2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil. Add 1 small onion, chopped. Add the cabbage, stir, and saute it for 3 to 5 minutes until it wilts. Add 1/3 cup of apple vinegar to the skillet. Sprinkle 2 tbsp. of brown sugar over the cabbage and stir it. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for an additional 10 minutes before serving.
* Potatoe wedges season with salt and roll for a few minutes in a little bit oil.
* Sieve the gravy stock , boil, add a little bit flour to sauce to bind and to taste salt and pepper. Sliced the roasted stuffed meat and set everything up with red cabbage, sliced oranges, cranberry marmalade. This tastes good with Potatoe wedges and red cabbage. Guten Appetit!