We got up too late yesterday, hubby was at home no work. Kids sleep longer during weekends so we just cooked fried rice with green peas, corn kernels and green beans and breaded rolled ham with emmentaler cheese for our brunch.
Before we went out we had something in the stomach but not only something it was a heavy one 🙂
There isn’t much planning ahead for Sunday if everybody at home. I generally follow what my mind says. It’s a time to experiment with unique combinations and bold flavors. And usually what we found in the refrigerator mostly left over will be use! Our Sunday brunch have been fun and satisfying and I’d like to share my recipe with you. Follow your own instincts and palate and use these recipes as general thoughts. Vary them to suit your own style and season and of course not to forget the preferences of the whole family members!
FOR FRIED RICE:
* 3 cups cold cooked rice
* 1 cup mixture of green peas, corn kernels and green beans
* some Canola Oil
* 4 cloves Garlic
FOR BREADED ROLLED HAM WITH CHESSE:
YIELDS 4 Persons/ 3pcs. each!
* 1 cup Canola Oil, for deep frying
* 12 pcs. Emmentaler Cheese, sliced
* 12 pcs. Ham
* 3 Eggs, beaten
* some flour
* some bread crumbs
* Yes, fried rice as usual. Roll a slice emmentaler in ham. Cheese slices should be smaller that ham to avoid too much leak of cheese. Pin up on both sides with toothpick. Ham roll in flour then in beaten egg, and then turn into breadcrumbs. I don’t season with salt and pepper because the emmentaler cheese is already a little bit salty and in the egg I use to add a little bit salt!
* Heat some canola oil, and the ham on both sides about 3-4 minutes fry nice tan.
* I served it on top of fried rice with yoghurt and chopped chive. Enjoy!
We came back home around eight o’ clock at night. For dinner I cooked “Goto” (with pigs stomach)with lots of fried chopped garlic and chopped chive on top. Served while hot good timing after a few hours walked from outside warmed the cold winter day!